I should be more productive right now…
… but I’m not!
Want to procrastinate with me?
Hey TPT Sellers, TEACHERpreneurs, and the true SEOTpreneurs,
As you know, I’m building this SEOTpreneur community to try to find my people… our people… sellers like us.
It’s a clubhouse where we use Strategies, Effort, Optimization, and Tinkering ideas to increase TPT earnings and achieve financial freedom.
It’s where we discuss important issues relevant to an ever-changing TPT world (like how would you use this time machine to improve your TPT store?)
Actually, there is one URGENT and important task that every TPT seller should do for this business.
It’s time-sensitive, so go watch the latest YouTube video: Episode 25.
And then come back and procrastinate with me!
Click here when you’re ready to read more…
Procrastination mode activated!
FOUR spots left before the doors close!
Earlier, we opened the doors to the SEOTpreneur PRO membership with 10 spots.
Now, there are only 4 spots left.
Why become an SEOTpreneur PRO?
Well, if you’ve watched this video (Episode 23) at 26:18 , you know that I’m not able to answer questions about your specific TPT store in the YouTube comments. And one-on-one coaching is kind of expensive.
So, the SEOTpreneur PRO forum is the middle compromise where you can ask specific questions about your TPT business, and I’m happy to respond. That way, other people can see my thoughts and they can jump in as well.
Over time, the SEOTpreneur PRO forum grows and becomes a searchable database of SEOT mindset goodness.
Once the last four spots are gone, the doors will close and you’ll have to go on a waiting list.
(This way, the community can settle and we can see what kind of capacity we have to grow, and in which direction.)
17 of you have signed up for the SEOTpreneur Email Newsletter!
I always feel like I’m not doing enough.
- Oh, you have an email list?
- And you’ve already got a thousand subscribers?!
- And you have a welcome funnel! Wow.
And then I feel a mix of excitement for you… and something not so fun because I haven’t done that yet? Sadness? Overwhelm? Despair?
I bet some of your can relate.
I bet some of you might even feel that way when you watch my videos.
FULL DISCLOSURE: I always look excited in the videos… on purpose. That’s social media. The camera’s not rolling when I’m in a slump!
The reality is the road to financial freedom is a long, long journey.
Sometimes, we just have to do this.
But if you want to walk together for a bit in the SEOTpreneur PRO forum or the YouTube comments, I’ll hang out with you!
Thank you to everyone who’s left a comment on the SEOTpreneur YouTube channel.
Some of my favourite comments
this week in March…
(I started this blog post mid March. It’s April now. Sometimes, it takes time to launch!)
Assertive communication? Setting work-life boundaries? Yeah, I’m not always on my game! And I love how Lisa Markle Sparkles Graphic Design & Illustration commented on that:
This is what you need to do… I’m very bad at ALL of these” 😂😂😂 I love this, I know exactly what you mean! I love how your enthusiasm shines through in all your videos, like you couldn’t hide it if you tried! I appreciate you sharing your skills!Comment on Episode 23 Is this TPT product typical? 42K free downloads made how much?
I also love how Samuel Ramos consistently makes me pause, think, and reflect. (I know, I know, I need to sell the pen! I’m just figuring out what my pen is.. ) He’s not wrong:
Great vid! Also… Bro, don’t wait until the end of the video to promote your community – if you’ve got a long one, many people may have already checked out. Get creative with your promotional techniques throughout your video! Sell the pen!Comment on Episode 23 Is this TPT product typical? 42K free downloads made how much?
Some of you have emailed me asking for help with your TPT stores! I’ve got good news!
I have a few spaces open for private one-on-one coaching or digital marketing work.
Here are some of the things I help small business clients with:
- Getting more customers through organic google search (i.e. Search Engine Optimization)
- Getting more customers through paid ads (i.e., Facebook / Instagram / Google)
- Supporting data-based decision-making (through Google Analytics and competition traffic analysis)
- Getting more customers through email deliverability / mailing list stuff
- Coordinating with other third-party tech people (i.e., I would be the liaison with your website people because I speak the language and know what my clients need.)
- Other digital / website / technical stuff
What’s the difference between my private coaching and my digital marketing client work?
Private coaching is when we chat in Google Meet, share our screens, look at data, come up with strategy, or I show you how to do something (i.e., in WordPress.)
Then you have homework, you do the stuff, and then in our next session, you ask me new questions, lather, rinse, repeat.
Digital marketing work is when I do the stuff for you.
I do the technical setup stuff, so you don’t have to figure it out.
- Point your domain, set up Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, add your Facebook pixel or Google Analytics code, make your website look pretty, etc.
- Configure Google Analytics to track conversion events (i.e. clicking a link to your TPT store)
You still have to create the content (i.e. repurposing content from your TPT store onto your TPT website), but I do the one-time stuff.
If you’re thinking of starting a TPT blog or website…
If you’re brand new and haven’t started a TPT blog or website yet, you’re going to need:
- A domain name
- A content management system / website builder software (i.e. WordPress, Wix, SquareSpace, Blogger, Google Sites)
I only recommend WordPress for my clients.
- It’s open-source free software used by most of the internet (42% of the internet is built on WordPress.)
- There’s a large community building and many businesses that create extra-functionality for WordPress. (Unlike Wix or Squarespace where you’re dependent on that private company to add the features you want.)
- It’s future-proof. If you don’t like your webhosting company that is running WordPress on their servers for you, then you just switch webhosting companies.
So, if you’re going to start a WordPress TPT website or TPT blog, you’re going to need:
- A domain name (annual fee)
- A webhost (monthly fee)
WordPress is free, but you need to rent computers (servers) to run the WordPress software.
That’s where the cost comes in.
You have a lot of options for web hosting companies: Bluehost, Siteground, Hostinger…
- If you don’t know what to look for, then they all look like great options.
- But that business model is a race to the bottom to offer the cheapest price for limited resources.
- The reality is the cheapest web hosting plans you’re probably looking at are shared hosting plans.
I don’t like shared hosting plans for my clients.
Shared hosting plans don’t have enough engine power to run WordPress with lots of plugins or interaction by visitors.
I’ve used shared hosting plans, as well as virtual private servers. Over a decade ago, I started with Bluehost, then went to Siteground, VPS.net, WP Engine, and finally landed with WPMU DEV.
I really like WPMU DEV. (That’s who I’m still with right now.)
- But, not all teachers have the time or technical expertise to figure out WPMU DEV.
- So I partnered up with WPMU DEV.
Introducing SEOT hosting
SEOT Hosting runs on WPMU DEV infrastructure, so it’s solid.
- I can provide dedicated RAM and virtual CPUs to each website without sharing resources (like on a Shared webhosting plans)
- The problem is, new website owners don’t realize why that’s the key thing to look at when shopping for a website host.
- Check out the Q&A at the bottom of this page to see how SEOT hosting is different from the others.
I want to provide affordable tools for TPT sellers in the SEOTpreneur community.
Here’s my game plan:
I want to make sure you have …
- A good web host powerful enough to run your TPT blog / website
- Actionable data about your TPT blog / website that’s easy to use.
- Built-in SEO tools to help you optimize your TPT blog / website to improve your chances of getting to the top of Google and other search engines.
- High quality information so you can make informed decisions about whether you really need all the bells and whistles you see other TPT sellers doing (i.e. running an e-commerce site.)
So, I went out and bought 25 PRO licenses of the MonsterInsights Google Analytics plugin.
- A single MonsterInsights Pro license would cost you $399 per year.
I also bought 100 elite-tier licenses of the All In One SEO plugin
- A single PRO level license for All In One SEO would cost you $499 per year.
- Elite is only for Agency partners – it’s what we need to bring search statistics directly into WordPress, but it would cost you $749 per year.
I wanted to give these analytics and SEO tools to SEOTpreneurs who had their TPT blogs or websites on SEOT Hosting…
But, I’m not allowed to do that.
The MonsterInsights and All In One SEO terms of service prohibit sub-licensing or reselling.
So, in order for me to install All In One SEO Elite and MonsterInsights PRO on your TPT website, you have to become one of my clients and I need to become a TEACHERpreneur website design agency!
It’s still a work in progress.
I just have to clarify with the plugin companies to confirm what their definition of “client” is.
If you’re interested in the TEACHERpreneur VIP service, email me at [email protected]
Okay. I need to stop procrastinating.
I have to get back to creating my next Educircles resource. I have a critical thinking resource coming out about “Should ChatGPT be used in schools.” I also have a differentiated reading article about Seinfeld to polish up.
But, I’m going to leave you with this thought. (Also, I like chatting with you!)
- you are a TPT hamster…
- and, you have a minimum viable product or product line…
- and you’ve had that ah-ha moment where you realized, maybe I can make money from my TPT business as a side hustle or side gig…
- and you secretly hope your TPT business might lead to financial freedom in 5-10 years…
- and you’re not afraid to put in the effort…
- and you’re an independent problem-solver and lifelong learner…
- You should 100% be building a WordPress on your TPT business domain name
- Building you up as an authority on the topic of your TPT Business
- Which builds trust, becomes social proof, and helps lead to sales when you link back to your TPT products
- Which is a ranking factor in the TPT SEO search algorithm which boosts the visibility of your products
- Which snowballs into more sales from the TPT ecosystem
- And you do this by writing strategic content to rank on Google about specific topics related to your TPT business (as determined by keyword research like this free tool.)
Alright. Gotta go. See you in the next comment!
PS. I’m super looking forward to tomorrow’s zoom meeting. I think we might have people in four different time zones!