When I started to make my TPT seller SMART goal, I thought I was going to create my products. I ended up with a completely different strategy. Use the table of contents to jump to the good stuff!
This is DAY 0 of my Hundred Day Challenge (HDC) to earn $640 on TPT by Fri Feb 17, 2023.
Summary: Getting alternative sources of traffic can help you get off the hamster wheel Read Here.
–RESOURCES mentioned in video —
FREE SEOT goal-setting slideshow for students.
FREE DAILY JOURNAL PDF.
SEOT SMART Goal – Easel by TPT resource for Students.
Watch the Video
Click here to watch on YouTube.
Questions? Comments? Need Help?
- Any questions? Do you agree or disagree? Challenge my assumptions!
- Need help? Maybe I can provide suggestions!
Say something in the YouTube video comments
VIDEO TABLE of CONTENTS
- 0:00 Introduction
- 0:39 This is to help ME be accountable for my goal
- 1:01 Attempt #1: Outsourcing 44 articles
- 1:17 Attempt #2: I’ll create the article products
- 1:47 Attempt #3: Posting on YouTube to keep me on track
- 2:30 This is to help YOU
- 3:15 Creating a Reference Body of Work for TPT sellers
- 3:45 How the videos are organized
- 3:55 Earnings: all time
- 4:09 Earnings: in this 100-Day Challenge
- 4:33 Earnings: this month
- 4:59 How to skip to the good stuff
- 5:31 Ask Questions to get free coaching!
- 6:02 Overwhelming vs Inspiring
- 7:19 1×5 Challenge
- 7:28 INTRODUCTION: How I Make TPT SMART goals
- 7:56 I am a full-time TPT seller / content creator
- 8:19 I had a mental health crisis
- 9:29 MY PROCESS: How I set priorities for my TPT store
- 10:31 My TPT store overwhelms me
- 11:43 What’s one thing I could do to make major progress?
- 11:58 Why $640 (CDN) as a goal?
- 12:20 Why 100 days as a goal?
- 12:45 BIG PICTURE: Constantly creating TPT content isn’t the solution
- 13:30 I use Easel by TPT to create SMART goals
- 13:42 SEOT Mindset 1×5 Challenge
- 15:29 BRAINSTORMING GOALS
- 16:32 Things I should do…
- 17:30 Creating assets (passive income) vs labour (active income)
- 18:03 Things I could do…
- 18:31 PRO TIP: Improve your TPT product cover and description by running ads on Google or FaceBook (to determine the highest click-through rate CTR)
- 20:15 Things I want to do…
- 21:59 BIG LIST OF GOALS
- 23:05 My long-term goals
- 23:21 My short-term goals (Originally, it was to create more TPT products)
- 24:18 My mid-range goals
- 24:43 STRATEGY: Beginner TPT Sellers (tadpole) vs experienced TPT Sellers (hawks)
- 25:30 More long-term goals
- 25:47 PRO TIP: Avoid shiny objects – focus on one TPT seller strategy
- 26:48 WHAT’S YOUR WHY?
- 27:16 Imagine you had a magic lamp. What do you want?
- 27:58 Which goal do I want?
- 28:36 Why do I want this goal?
- 29:02 How will this improve my life?
- 30:05 Re-thinking retirement
- 30:42 My goal: Be a digital nomad
- 31:00 My goal: Create content from different countries
- 33:05 Why is this important to me?
- 34:06 Teaching students you’ve never met by selling TPT resources
- 34:50 PRO TIP: Use social proof on your TPT store – how many downloads? Where are people using your resources?
- 36:03 GET OFF THE HAMSTER WHEEL: Creating content vs Promoting content (getting traffic)
- 36:20 MAKING A SMART GOAL
- 36:29 What do I want (My BIG goal)
- 37:02 SPECIFIC: Original goal – create more TPT content that sells
- 37:26 SPECIFIC: Or create products that can upsell
- 37:50 MEASURABLE: End result vs process-based metrics
- 38:05 MEASURABLE: How to know if people are interested in your product
- 38:23 ACTION-BASED: Publish resources + Make sure the RIGHT people know about the product
- 38:55 ACTION-BASED: Target customer avatar
- 39:41 REALISTIC: Is this possible with your current resources?
- 39:54 PRO TIP: Work backward from your deadline – is this realistic?
- 40:04 REALISTIC: Look at TPT sales data to see if your plan could work
- 40:19 PRO TIP: Use TPT sales data – which resource converts well but has few views?
- 41:16 PRO TIP: Use your TPT dashboard – isolate specific products
- 42:17 Figure out how much you make per page view (average)
- 43:00 Figure out how many products you need to sell to reach your goal.
- 43:48 REALISTIC: How many products do you need to sell per day? Is that realistic?
- 44:37 REALISTIC: How much is each page view essentially worth? How many page views do you need for your goal?
- 45:13 SPECIFIC: What do you need to do to get those page views?
- 45:31 PRO TIP: Look at data for one week and one month before deciding
- 46:41 How can I increase page views on my TPT bundle to increase sales?
- 46:48 Method #1: Publish products that upsell to the bundle
- 47:00 Method #2: Reboot my website to get organic google search leads: readingstrategies.ca (freemium model)
- 48:08 ACTION-BASED: What content can I repurpose onto the freemium website?
- 48:34 My current game plan
- 49:45 My SMART goal
- 50:04 My Personal Reflection
- 51:04 Read the blog post on SEOTpreneur.com
- 51:26 Summary
- 52:56 1×5 Challenge sneak peek.
Great Comments and Discussion
Coming soon. Add to the conversation by leaving a comment on the YouTube video.